Azure Function Publish Failed

I had a few instances last week where I was getting this incredibly descriptive error message. When I dug into the logs, I got an even more descript messaging saying that “Publishing had failed.”

Both lead me nowhere and after deleting publishing profiles, pulling them down, pushing them back, doing whatever I could, nothing seemed to function.

Cue finding out about this key in on my function itself – WEBSITE_RUN_FROM_PACKAGE 

By default, when you create your function in Azure, this is set to 1. However, for Web Deploy to work (i.e., from Visual Studio), this needs to be set to 0.

Once I did that, boom, publishing was working solidly like a rock once again.

Post A Reply

%d bloggers like this: