I recently had an issue where we were migrating a large Oracle database into Dynamics which required a significant amount of lookups back to Oracle for synchronization keys between both systems.
When we moved the system between different database environments we started to see the following errors.
“ORA-12801: error signaled in parallel query server P001\nORA-12853: insufficient memory for PX buffers: current 1632K, max needed 80640K\nORA-04031: unable to allocate 65560 bytes of shared memory (\”large pool\”,\”unknown object\”,\”large pool\”,\”PX msg pool\”)”
As a developer, I get very worried when code changes are required between environments when all other variables stay the same (i.e., database, code, etc). In this case however, we had been lucky that we had not run into this problem in DEV.
Where I was dynamically constructing the query on the fly, Oracle saw